Governance Committee: June 19, 2014
The Governance Committee met on June 19, 2014. Chairman Steve Lacy presided. Action taken and topics discussed included the following:
- Reviewed, accepted and recommended for approval to the full board all changes to the Policy on Standing Committees, the Standing Committee Charters and the 403b Charters.
- Reviewed bylaws for the Kansas State University Foundation and recommended changes for approval to the full board.
- Reviewed, accepted and recommended for approval to the full board changes to the Memorandum of Understanding between Kansas State University and the Kansas State Foundation.
- Reviewed and recommended the adoption of the Plan of Dissolution of the KSU Charitable Gift Fund effective June 30, 2014.
- Reviewed platform for Fraud Hotline that will be implemented by mid-July for Foundation staff.
- Received an update on the top 7 risks previously identified by Enterprise Risk Management assessment.
- Discussed and approved one Undesignated Bequest exception.
- 990/990T FYE 06-30-2013 filings – reviewed with no issues.
- Received the quarterly 403(b) Retirement Plan fiduciary review with no exceptions noted.