Governance Committee: December 11, 2014
The Governance Committee met on December 11, 2014. Chairman Steve Lacy presided. Action taken and topics discussed included the following:
- Received the quarterly 403(b) Retirement Plan fiduciary review (July 1–September 30, 2014) with no exceptions noted.
- Reviewed and approved the Conflict of Interest Policy and the Joint Venture Policy.
- Reviewed the conflict of interest disclosures for all board and committee members with no significant conflicts reported.
- Reviewed and discussed the board survey from the November responses.
- Reviewed modification of existing MOUs.
- Reviewed undesignated bequests and recommended one exception for board approval.
- Reviewed legal and tax issues associated with new real estate at the Kimball and Denison 14 acre development.
- Received an update on the Enterprise Risk Management Tier 1 risks and reviewed the 2nd tier of risks.
- Reviewed and recommended for board approval authorizing staff to proceed with the technology projects including vulnerability testing and PII audit.
- Reviewed and recommended for board approval a revised Executive Committee Charter and the Executive Compensation Policy.