Development Committee: September 12, 2012
The Development Committee met September 12. Chairman Janet Ayres presided. Action taken and topics discussed included the following:
- The committee received presentations on FYE fundraising, campaign update and the expanded Telefund calling program progress.
- The committee discussed benchmarking for strategic planning on future growth as well as resource use. This was more thoroughly vetted at the full board meeting on Thursday.
- The committee also held discussions on alternatives for establishing a new endowment payout policy. This would help guard against underwater endowment balances.
- The committee approved for the full board’s consent agenda an agronomy building for the College of Agriculture.
- The committee passed along to the full board a copy of the $1 Million clearance policy and the Naming Policy that is used by campus.