Development Committee: June 19, 2014
The Development Committee met June 19, 2014. Chairman John Allen presided. Action taken and topics discussed included the following:
- Reviewed and provided input on the Enterprise Risk Management for Development as well as image and branding.
- Recommended for approval to the board the FY15 fundraising goal of $150M.
- Recommend for approval to the board the Policy and Guidelines for Approval of Capital Projects at Kansas State University. The policy defines a process that will allow preliminary feasibility testing of projects.
- Reviewed endowment benchmarking and giving history data to establish metrics that will encourage and measure success. Made recommendation to the board to adopt percent of fundraising activity as the primary fundraising metric.
- Received a status updated on capital projects.
- Received a progress report on campaign planning and fundraising.