Development Committee: February 27, 2014
The Development Committee met Feb. 27, 2014. Chairman John Allen presided. Action taken and topics discussed included the following:
- Annual review of the Development Committee’s charter.
- Reviewed committee orientation documents to provide support to new members.
- Reviewed and provided input on the development section of the Enterprise Risk Assessment.
- Reviewed the FY15 fundraising goal, which will be presented to the board for approval at the June 2014 meeting.
- Reviewed the Policy and Guidelines for Approval of Capital Projects at Kansas State University. The committee will revisit this issue and it will be presented to the board for approval at the June 2014 meeting.
- Reviewed endowment enhancement benchmarking and giving history for goal setting purposes.
- Received an update on the FY14 fundraising goal.
- Received a status updated on capital projects.
- Received a progress report on campaign planning and fundraising.
- Reviewed the organizational priorities relative to the Development Committee’s focus on endowment enhancement and donor relations/recognition.